Transport multipurpose aircraft AN -178 by UKROBORONPROM SE “Antonov” is taking part in the flight demonstration program at the International Aerospace Salon "FARNBOROUGH AIRSHOW-2016″, UK. During the expo visitors can take a look of the aircraft at the static aircraft display.
AN -178 is medium transport multipurpose aircraft of the family AN -148/-158. Its speed reaches 825 km / h, flight altitude – 12 km, flying range – 5500 km. The aircraft can land and take off from any aerodrome, including unprepared field. The aircraft can carry up to 18 tons of cargo, including 1C seatainers.
Within the framework of Ukrainian exposition, the SC "UkrOboronProm" represents full-scale model of the multi-purpose transport aircraft An-178, An-132 programme, models of other "Antonov" aircraft, guided aircraft missiles and other modern aviation industry equipment of Ukrainian defence industry complex.
“UKROBORONPROM aims for active dialogue with representatives of other countries, experience and technology exchange, import substitution program speed up and new partners search. I’m sure we will return from the expo with profitable agreements,” – emphasized UKROBORONPROM Director General Roman Romanov, the head of Ukrainian delegation at the air show.
This time the following UKROBORONPROM enterprises will be represented in Farnborough:
– SC “Ukrspetsexport” and STIF “Ukrinmash” – export and import of military and dual-use products and services;
– SE “Antonov” – full cycle of modern aircraft development: from pre-project scientific research to construction, tests, certification, serial production and after-sale maintenance;
– SJSHC “Artem” – production and export of more than 70 titles of special and aircraft equipment; medical equipment manufacturing;
– SE “Mykolayiv Aircraft Repair Plant “NARP” – specializes in major overhaul and repair of various types of aircraft and engines, marine gas turbine plants and components;
– Public Joint Stock Company “Plant “Mayak”: development, production, sale, repair, modernization and recycling of weapons and military equipment; conduction and implementation of scientific research and R&D works on development and manufacturing of new electronic devices, including magnetic recording means;
Farnborough Airshow-2016 is the exhibition of aircraft of all types and purposes, aerospace engines, satellites, aircraft repair and maintenance, radar and surveillance systems, avionics and ground equipment, etc. Being the largest expo in the UK, the exhibition is held every two years and is one of the major ones in the world.